An ideal package aimed at Landlords who prefer a more “hands on” approach once a tenant is placed and the legal issues have been dealt with. This includes:-
- Comprehensive marketing strategy and eye-catching digital ‘pad to let’ photo boards
- Accompanied viewings to suit
- Full referencing on all tenants and guarantors
- Preparation of Tenancy Agreements
- Opening of accounts for Utilities
- Collection of first month’s rent and deposit
- Setting up of standing order for future rental payments
We accompany all prospective tenants on viewings and pride ourselves in being open longer, offering evening and weekend appointment to suit. Please do not hesitate to contact the Leapfrog Team to arrange your viewing.
Comprehensive tenant referencing
We use several national referencing companies to carry out full credit history checks, stability, right to rent and affordability assessments including financial, fraud and employment references.
Preparation of tenancy agreements
The form of tenancy regularly used is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy which is in accordance with the Housing Act 1988 (as amended). The tenancy commences with a 6 month fixed term and then periodic tenancy agreement, with the option to renew.
Meter readings are taken of gas and electricity (where applicable) and we inform the appropriate utility services including water authorities and council tax departments of the name and commencement of the tenancy.
Rent is initially collected the first month in advance and a rent receipt is processed and rent payable to the Landlord. We then set up a monthly standing order for the new tenants, made payable to your bank once the tenancy commences.
Services at extra costs
- Inventory (charge will depend on size of property – from £75 upwards)
- Fixed term tenancy renewal – £99
- Commission of an Energy Assessment Certificate (EPC) – £70
- Gas Safety Certificate – £70